Brick wall panel for the kitchen
Decorating the kitchen wall panel in the form of bricks is very popular and relevant today. With these simple elements, it is easy to create a unique atmosphere in the kitchen. Almost weightless panel fits perfectly into any interior. The ease of installation allows you to make the kitchen stylish and attractive with little or no effort.
There are such advantages of wall panels:
- Ease of installation. Attaching such panels is quite simple, even without knowledge of installation rules and special skills. There will be no black and "wet" work.
- Very low weight wall panels "under the brick" allows you to veneer them with almost any surface.
- At fastening it is not necessary to level or improve walls in addition.
- Duration of operation. Wall panels will serve you more than ten years. At the same time do not need additional repairs.
- Perfectly fit into any interior. They can be used for interior and exterior use.
- Thanks to the block masonry, You can easily replace a damaged panel without disturbing the entire surface of the coating.
- This is a great heater and sound insulator, which is extremely important for kitchens connected to a balcony or loggia.
- Not refractory. Such panels should not be fixed in very hot places.
- Easily deformed by shock. Panel material is not so durable as to withstand mechanical damage. But the affected panel is easy to replace within half an hour.
If you use brick in the decoration of the kitchen for you, then you can choose a high-quality alternative - a wall panel that resembles brick laying. Such panels so harmoniously and aesthetically fit into the interior that you forget about other types of finishes.
The wall panel is a rectangular sheet, block or rail, which is made of wood shavings or polyvinyl chloride. On this sheet, put a picture, in our case - brickwork.
Wall panels can be made of fiberboard, gypsum, fiberglass, plywood. All of these options have limitations in use.Some of them are very delicate and fragile, unnaturally convey the texture of a brick; others - have great weight, which limits the ease of use; still others are too expensive.
Such panels are made of wood chips. At high pressure and temperature, fine wood fibers are pressed. At the same time lignin is released - resin, which glues the fibers.
The average density of MDF panels is 600 - 850 kg / m3. If the panel is lighter, then its cost decreases. For the kitchen panel covered with plastic or film. Produce a variety of color panels from white bricks, to unpredictably bright shades.
The advantages of such panels include the following parameters:
- Aesthetic look. A wide range of picture selection.
- Easy to install and easy to dismantle.
- Walls do not need careful alignment.
- MDF panels are stronger for chipboard.
- Resistant to temperature changes.
- Affordable pricing policy.
- It is rather moisture resistant that allows to use them in finishing not only kitchen, but also a bathtub, a toilet.
- Do not conduct heat.
- Isolate noise.
- Made from eco material.
- Do not need complex care.
There is always a fly in the ointment.Pay attention to the cons:
- Easily deformed at elevated temperatures. Although the panel is treated with refractory means, it does not save it from high temperatures.
- With strong impacts, the surface is deformed, and dents appear.
These are plastic panels made of polyvinyl chloride and a special softener. They are painted and coated with a special solution to increase resistance to mechanical damage and exposure to UF rays. Suitable for interior and exterior.
The advantages of PVC panels include the following qualities:
- Easy to care.
- Soundproof material.
- Easy to install and dismantle.
- Do not accumulate dust.
The drawbacks of the panels are not so many, but they should be considered when choosing:
- Not as durable as MDF panels.
- Although the panels comply with all fire regulations, they should not be installed in areas where there is a risk of fire.
- Do not like excessive moisture.
Where to install?
If you have decided on the view of the wall panels, it’s time to put accents in the kitchen. Where is it possible to mount such a panel?
Brick, even decorative, absorbs light.Therefore, install wall panels under the brick in a well-lit place. For example, on the wall where the light falls from the window.
If the laying is not solid, then install panels can be anywhere.
- Do not stop your imagination just on solid masonry. Divide the corners of the kitchen, the outlines of the doors, or build decorative columns from them.
- Highlight the wall panels separate places on the wall. For example, shelves for decoration.
- Wall panels and plaster are ideally combined. This allows you to come up with unusual variations of decor.