Panels for the apron in the kitchen
The main place in the house is the kitchen. Since in this room a lot of time is spent, the issue of its design must be taken responsibly. Good equipment and a spacious kitchen will not only economically accommodate all the necessary items, but also provide a convenient cooking process.
During cooking, the working area of the kitchen often gets dirty, and then it can be washed clean. In order to keep the kitchen constantly clean, in modern design use a special protective coating, which is called a kitchen apron.
This method of finishing is a decorative element placed between the working wall and the hinged kitchen cabinets.
If earlier tile was used as the basic material for an apron, now there is a huge selection of various panels. Modern panels for the apron in the kitchen not only look original in the interior, but are also resistant to temperature changes and are easy to clean.
Features and benefits
Recently, in the design of the kitchen using various finishing options, especially for the working wall, for decorating which use special panels.
This new method of finishing is considered the highest quality and demand, as the wall panels are characterized by many advantages:
- Quick install. In order to fix the finishing material, no preliminary surface preparation is required (cleaning of old wallpaper and paint, leveling). In addition, wall panels can be fixed without the use of special tools, so this type of work can be done by everyone.
- Practicality and versatility. The panels have excellent sound insulation, are hygienic and absorb heat well. The zone between the panel and the wall can be used for wires and cables, so this is an inconspicuous option for finishing the walls in the "Khrushchev".
- Easy care. This type of finish does not need frequent washing; it is enough to clean it once a month with a damp cloth or a napkin. In addition, for cleaning the wall, you can use any type of detergent.
- Efficiency. Installing sheets for an apron will be much cheaper than wallpapering or painting walls.
- Large selection of material.Wall sheets are made from reliable and high-quality raw materials that can withstand not only increased temperature and moisture, but also the effects of fatty deposits, which are formed in the process of cooking.
- Aesthetic design. Kitchen apron, which is considered the main element in the design of the kitchen, helps to make the room cozy and original. Due to the presence of a variety of color panels, you can arrange the kitchen in any style. Today, aprons limited to natural stone or wood are in great demand.
- High moisture resistance. The special coating on the panels is resistant to moisture, well repels water.
Modern sheets for the apron are presented in a huge range and are made from a variety of materials. As a rule, this type of finish has a sheet, rack and tile type.
Of particular note are PVC panels. This is a high quality and reliable material. It has a stylish look, so it is considered the best option for finishing work in the kitchen. The standard length of PVC panels is 260-300 cm, and the width does not exceed 50 cm.During installation, the material fits tightly to the wall and the joints between the folded sections are almost invisible.
Often, wall sheets can be made in the form of clapboard with a characteristic width of 10 cm and a length of up to 300 cm. In this case, the material is presented in the colors of one tone. Panel sheets with a width of up to 293 cm and a length of up to 405 cm look just as original. Sheets are plates with a perfectly smooth matte and glossy surface. Also very popular are soft plastic aprons made under mosaic.
PVC panels are characterized by many advantages:
- Increased moisture resistance
- Heat resistance
- Easy to clean
- Quick installation
- Affordable price
- Good sealing
In addition to all this, on a plastic with constant care a fungus never appears, and a wide model range provides installation of panels for a kitchen decorated in any style. Additionally, the apron can be decorated with lighting.
Despite the presence of positive qualities, PVC has some drawbacks:
- A sharp temperature drop may cause material deformation.
- Plastic is not resistant to mechanical stress.
- When sunlight enters, the material burns out and loses its original color.
- During the care of a plastic apron is not desirable to use chemicals and abrasives.
Aprons made of MDF are a good alternative to plastic panels. They have traditional dimensions of 4 × 60 × 2440cm. MDF panels are painted, laminated and veneered.
The main advantages of such aprons include high resistance to moisture. The increased density of the material ensures the reliability of the use of the panels; they are not “afraid” of mechanical shocks and are easy to maintain and install.
In addition, performing installation work, the apron can be fixed on a special crate, which makes it easy to bring under the panel electrical wiring or ventilation system. Finishing material is available in price, safe for health and environmentally friendly. Most MDF wall panels have photo printing. Therefore, applying this type of finish, the kitchen becomes beautiful and stylish. Abstractions, tea, coffee and fruit themes are very popular.
For products from MDF, minor flaws are characteristic, namely:
- The material can not be placed above the stove, as it does not withstand high temperature
- The plates are not resistant to mechanical shocks.
- Non-natural appearance, photo printing on the surface of the plates is much inferior to natural wood or stone
Most designers in the design of the kitchen prefer to use kitchen aprons made of glass, they are also called "skinali". Glass plates are made of two types of glass - regular and tempered. Sheets of simple glass have two layers - it is the glass itself and the shipped sheet or colored film glued to it. Such panels are quite fragile in operation.
It is best to choose sheets of tempered glass, although they are much more expensive, but they withstand high temperatures well.
Glass panels are fixed with special mounting heads. Due to the fact that the installation work is done in a seamless way, the care of the kitchen apron is simple. Photo printing on glass has a protective layer, so the product for a long time retains a presentable appearance.
For lovers of all original and individual well suited kitchen apron made of laminated panels,which have a beautiful decorative finish. Such sheets are not only practical to use, but also resistant to deformation. Laminated panels are presented in a wide assortment, models are designed with special natural wood and stone.
Before you start installing the wall panels, the surface is measured first and the shape of the sheets is selected. Then, to complete the installation work, you need to prepare the room itself. For this purpose, markings are applied to the material, and panels of the desired shape are cut out with an electric jigsaw. In addition, the installation of a kitchen apron provides all the necessary tools. For work, you will need a jigsaw, pencil, level, tape measure, drill with special nozzles and aluminum guides.
The process of installing panels for the apron consists of several stages, the preparation of walls and direct installation. At the same time, it is very important to ensure the evenness of the surface. A glue thickness of 3-4 mm is applied to the finished wall with a spatula and the wall panel is gently glued with a simple movement.