Cloth-oilcloth on the table for the kitchen
Any tablecloths for the kitchen table are becoming fashionable and popular again today. This accessory is able to transform your kitchen, make its design more fresh, and fill the atmosphere with home comfort, warmth and celebration.
However, often the housewives are not happy with this accessory, considering the tablecloth is just an extra problem, because it is so easy to get dirty, and then try to remove the stain on expensive fabric. Therefore, such a textile décor for many of them is not in high esteem, and they take out tablecloths only for very solemn occasions, using oilcloths in everyday life or just an empty table.
It’s just that many housewives don’t realize what wonderful kitchen tablecloth options there are today: water and fat repel them, no pollution is absorbed, and the table will look so elegant that your kitchen will always delight you with its stylish look and some special mood .
About the advantages and disadvantages
Before choosing an oilcloth on the kitchen table, consider some features. It would seem that what is easier - to buy a tablecloth, but it should be noted that this accessory depends on how quickly your table in the kitchen will wear out.
The positive qualities of kitchen oilcloth include:
- high durability of polyvinyl chloride tablecloth, due to which the base will serve for a long time. And there are also such varieties of this material, which are not afraid of either cuts with a knife or hot dishes (oilcloth under it will not melt);
- an additional elastic layer of lacquer, which makes the product more resistant, does not crack and does not deform, besides - the base does not peel off;
- oilcloth of high quality should be viscous, and the tablecloth, which is glued to the table top, belongs to low-grade products;
- The oilcloth on the table for the kitchen is also water-repellent - the polyvinyl chloride oilcloth is not at all afraid of high humidity, and it doesn’t change its qualities;
- The cloth of the oilcloth is rather thick, so the varnish coating is a coating, but not an impregnation. The strength of the material is a guarantee of its high wear;
- beauty and variety of design. The surface of the tablecloth, as a rule, is decorated with some kind of drawings, patterns, prints and various shades of colors.
Among the shortcomings are the following:
- there are products on a thin basis, and such a cloth will quickly wear out;
- low-quality tablecloth often becomes unusable due to cuts, and also melt if you put hot dishes on it;
- From time to time, the surface of the oilcloth wears down, causing the original beauty of the product to disappear.
Choose kitchen oilcloth in the kitchen - the task is responsible. The product must be durable, it must protect the surface of the table from all negative impacts and maintain its original appearance. In this regard, the choice should be taken very carefully, because there are many coatings, and they have different qualities.
Tablecloths are produced on a different basis, different in size, in exterior design, in composition and in some other criteria. Therefore it is worthwhile to get acquainted in more detail with the varieties of such products.
Much depends on what material will be chosen by you cloth oilcloth, in its service life and in how practical it will turn out to be.And for these reasons, first of all, you should make the choice of the material that suits you, and only then think about the design of the tablecloth, its shape and size.
Oilcloths are made from different materials, some of them are designed to be used daily, while others are used only during special occasions.
Daily glues are inexpensive and practical, usually they are products with a water-repellent effect, such as Teflon or acrylic. They do not crumple and just care for them.
Oilcloths for the holidays always look elegant, the material is usually made from expensive varieties, with a magnificent decoration in the form of a decor. Such tablecloths are designed for special occasions, and you can find several themes of such coverage on sale, for example, Christmas, Easter theme, wedding or for a children's holiday.
According to the material of the kitchen tablecloth can be:
- cotton - this product is designed for use during any celebrations. The tablecloth has an attractive appearance with decorations in the form of various embroideries and patterns.
- Teflon is high quality kitchen tablecloths,which provides these coatings with exactly the process of their treatment with Teflon.
- silicone, which is the best for everyday use. Such a tablecloth can be either transparent, or with a variety of drawings on its surface.
A transparent table under a transparent tablecloth looks very original. Glass table and transparent oilcloth will always fit into the overall design of the room. If the coating is not purely transparent, but with a pattern, then the table will look more stylish and bright;
- oil - product, which consists of vegetable oils. The process consists in cooking the varnish with its subsequent transformation into a kaolin and colorful primer. After that, first iron the fabric, and then apply this soil on it in several layers, and at the end it is necessary to fix the layers with a special varnish. These are high-quality products;
- PVC - production of these products involves the use of suspension and emulsion polyvinyl chloride. Thanks to these components, the tablecloth appears qualities such as high strength and durability. The result is a beautiful oilcloth tablecloth, which can cover any countertop, even glass;
- Excellent quality in Japan made tablecloths.Their material is heat-resistant vinyl with a triple thickness, so that the products have a long period of wear. And due to the extraordinary strength of the material, they do not tear at the corners. Paints retain their stability even after several years of operation;
- The quality of products made in Germany is not worse. Cloth oilcloth is made on a solid fabric basis and can be used as a coating for the kitchen table, as well as wallpaper in the kitchen and in the bathroom. The print of the drawing is of high quality, the surface has a high degree of protection against any contamination, has waterproof properties, is resistant to chemicals and does not slide off the table. Oilcloths on sale are different in color and design.
The form of coverage is also an important criterion. If the table is round, it can be covered with oilcloth of the same shape, but this is not necessary - it can even be rectangular, you just need to be able to arrange it as it should.
If the surface of the table is oval, a regular rectangular oilcloth, complemented by an original set that emphasizes the entire structure, is suitable.In principle, tablecloths always look the most impressive on an oval table. Even better, the view would be if you lay an oval or rectangular napkin over the oilcloth.
There are original tablecloths round and oval. It looks great on a round table with a round tablecloth and an additional square in the center of the tabletop, emphasizing the appearance of the table and its setting.
Rhomboid tablecloth. This product requires accuracy when laying it on the table, otherwise the overall picture may turn out to be asymmetric.
Cloth-track on a rectangular table will be indispensable in order to issue a festive table setting.
How to choose?
Each hostess would like her chosen beautiful and fashionable tablecloth to serve as long as possible. To do so, you need to know about some of the nuances of choosing this product:
- the main thing is that the foundation is solid, that is, a product with a dense structure should be chosen - then it will not be afraid of cuts, and hot dishes;
- A water-repellent model will be a good choice, because thanks to the waterproof layer, the table will last for a long time.
- The maple should be checked for stickiness, if it is stuck to the table - this is a product of poor quality and your table will be completely stained, which is not so easy to bring out. Such oilcloth should not be purchased;
- the form of coverage is different, the most important thing is to choose a tablecloth according to the parameters of your table;
- it is better not to spare money and choose more expensive coverage. This is the case when the high cost of the product indicates its high quality. Accordingly, by choosing a cheaper tablecloth, you will purchase low-quality goods;
- special attention should be paid to the design of the tablecloth - what color it is, what picture it depicts. After all, it will be quite a noticeable element in your kitchen, and therefore must be in harmony with the rest of the kitchen style. If the kitchen is made in warm tones, then the oilcloth should not have cold notes in the colors, just as in the kitchen with a cold color the merry sunny color of oilcloth will be inappropriate.
As a rule, tablecloths are 20 centimeters more than table parameters. To properly calculate its size, you need to use a certain method.
For example, for a rectangular table, oval and square, the size of the tablecloth is calculated as follows:
- the length of the tablecloth is equal to the length of the side of the table plus 20 cm;
- the width of the tablecloth is equal to the length of the shorter side of the table plus 20 cm.
If the table is round, 40 cm is added to its diameter - this will be the size of the side of the tablecloth.
What design will be the cover that you choose - this is a very important component. Tablecloths with prints printed on them look very beautiful and are very popular.
Typically, prints are images of beautiful colors and patterns. Motifs of summer are very popular - with fruits, with vegetables, so relevant in the kitchen. These prints look great with a rustic style.
Today on sale you can see on the oilcloth options in the form of holographic volume prints. Such a picture will attract all the attention and allow the atmosphere to become fantastic. With such drawings, the table looks very beautiful, so at once you won’t guess that it’s just covered with oilcloth.
How to care
Like any product, the oil cloth requires regular care for itself, and if it is done according to certain rules, it can last much longer. Here are some care guidelines:
- try to remove spots from PVC oilcloths in a timely manner, because if they stay on its surface for a long time, they can stay there and remove them;
- take care of a cotton tablecloth for solemn occasions, because if you spill wine or fat on it every day, then such a beautiful product will not be able to last and become unusable;
- do not test the strength of the oilcloth, specially cutting the products on it - there are special cutting boards for this;
- the same applies to hot dishes - take care of your tablecloth and place a special hot rack under the hot pan. So you can protect the product from deformation, cracks and other damage;
- To wash the oilcloth properly, use a warm soap solution, and finally a dry towel.
For the table top oilcloth is a very important accessory, because it is not only its decoration, but also protection from negative effects. The tablecloth allows the tabletop to maintain its beautiful appearance for a long time and decorates it. You just need to choose the right product, and then it will last a long time and decorate the interior of your kitchen.